Feb 6, 2016

IDE....IDK

My quest for Hello World!!

Well the first thing that came to mind when I received the Edison was its tiny size.. I mean really its tiny considering its basically a full fledged PC.

But I wanted to get going immediately. I understand that Intel is trying to grasp at the established maker community by incorporating Arduino boards and programming etc, but in my mind that would negate the value of what the Edison is.

Well... it seems you can write code for the Edison in multiple IDEs... Intel has Several to choose from..

So Far I've Downloaded:
Intel XDK and Eclipse

I have no idea which is better for what I want right now, or which is better for long term development.\

Looks like I'll have to just play with both and figure it out.

Who thought making an LED Blink could be so time consuming.....






No comments:

Post a Comment